MOM fails on start up

Hi einjen,

Yeah i discovered this myself and totally agree this is not a good thing haha.

I have bumped into another small issue but pbs is not working as of yet.

Thanks for your input. :slight_smile:

sgombosi,

Thank you for clearing this up for me this is very useful and will look forward to an official release for SELinux.

Until then i will have a look at finding some one from the UK to pester mean while i will keep working on a solution and hopefully post my positive findings in due time.

Hi all,

Wee update for you all and any help would be great.

I can load and start each service individually, example dataservice then the schd…and so on but
when i start pbs.service that fails mega style so i have turned it all off and just run the pbs.service and this is the error im getting the now…

pbs.service - Portable Batch System
Loaded: loaded (/usr/local/libexec/pbs_init.d; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2016-12-05 11:43:11 GMT; 2s ago
Docs: man:pbs(8)
Process: 43397 ExecStart=/usr/local/libexec/pbs_init.d start start (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

[43906]: (to postgres) root on none
[43957]: (to postgres) root on none
[44009]: (to postgres) root on none
[44058]: (to postgres) root on none
pbs_init.d[43397]: cp: cannot stat ‘$/usr/local/datastore/pg_hba.conf.orig’: No such file or directory
pbs_init.d[43397]: Failed to upgrade PBS Datastore
systemd[1]: pbs.service: control process exited, code=exited status=1
systemd[1]: Failed to start Portable Batch System.
systemd[1]: Unit pbs.service entered failed state.
systemd[1]: pbs.service failed.

I think now the installation is pretty bad. It might be a good idea to
purge the PBS home and reinstall again from scratch.

Regards
Subhasis

would you mind telling me your best practice for this so please so you know i have done exactly what you would have done?

yum remove

so i have wiped everything i can find on the current system and reinstalled using the rpm server this time and have slowly gone through it step by step until i hit this error when it asks me to use pbs_habitat to update the database but then gives me this error…

Data service directory from previous PBS installation not found,
Datastore upgrade cannot continue
failed to upgrade PBS datastore

Now the only reason i use this is when i use pbs_ini start it tells me to update and use the pbs_habitat.

Any ideas?

Did you delete /etc/pbs.conf and /var/spool/pbs before you started the installation?

yes i removed everything.
this also happened when i installed it on a fresh build.

I commented out the code last time but this is not a solution but a mere work around which is not what i want to do for every build.

Dear Steve Gombosi,
Did the SELinux MLS code changes in the PBS Pro branch that had them ever get integrated into OpenPBS, and if so, beginning with which release? We have a requirement to implement MLS MCS in our architecture.

Sincerely yours,

Rich Thissell

Hello Rich Thissell

The SELinux MLS code is still a PBS Pro only feature. Do you want to discuss your requirements with the team? I’ll send you a private message with my email address.

Rosemary Francis