‘requirements()’ decorator in PTL is used to specify the PBS cluster configuration necessary to run a PTL test and during test run, this data is evaluated against the cluster data passed in custom parameters of pbs_benchpress. The current format of PBS cluster specification in the decorator gives only the PBS daemon counts a and certain set of flags. This causes ambiguity in actual number of nodes needed by the test to run and the node names. Hence, this design is to reform the cluster data specification in order to have clear information of the PBS cluster needed to run the test.
Please review this design:https://openpbs.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/PD/pages/2936569857/Reforming+Requirements+Decorator+in+PTL
and let me know your views, comments and suggestions on it.
Below is the list of design updates:
- requirements decorator new specification format
- Update of default requirements to 2 host setup i.e. with remote mom
- Format for pbs_benchpress input of large number of indexed hostnames
- New parameter run_test_as in requirements decorator
- Removal of certain pbs_benchpress -p custom parameters
- An option to forcibly run all single mom node tests on single host instead of 2 nodes (remote mom)