Documentation suggestion

I would suggest adding two sections to the Admins Guide:

• Starting PBS
  • Stopping PBS

I know that both are covered in various places, but I was surprised there was not explicit sections for this. I think it would make it much easier to find it if there were explicit sections.

Some of the things I would be looking for are:

• what is the preferred order for startup / shutdown for the MoMs vs server vs scheduler vs Comm etc. Bonus points for why or an explanation of the sequence of events that take place (which is probably also in there somewhere).

• Any changes for various scenarios such as

• HA vs Non-HA
    • extra Comm nodes
    • extra schedulers

See whether chapter 8, “Starting and Stopping PBS on Linux”, or chapter 9, “Starting and Stopping MoM on Windows”, helps. I’d really appreciate specific feedback if you get the chance.

I see it now. I was expecting it to be in the Admin Guide, but I am still not sure how I missed that when searching. I will look it over and get back to you with feedback.

Yeah, I just flat out missed that. I am not sure how. I ran through it quickly and it looks pretty good. I will go through and test the various scenarios. If I find something unclear or that doesn’t work, I will let you know. I am also going to try and see if I can render it into a table or small set of tables as a quick reference. Sorry for being blind. Thanks for your help.