Did anyone succeed in configuring dynamic resources at the server level (see p254 of the admin guide or here(*)).
When I do a qstat I can see my job requiring the good resource(**), but the scheduler does’nt seem to take it into account and submit the job on the node.
Thanks in advance
Resource_List.licm = 1777711111111111
comment = Job run at Fri Sep 29 at 14:26 on (…
- Define the resources, for example floatlicense
Qmgr: create resource floatlicense type=long
- Write a script, for example serverdyn.pl, that returns the available amount of the resource via stdout, and place it on the server host. For example, it could be placed in /usr/local/bin/serverdyn.pl
- Restart the server. See section 5.13.3, “Restart Steps for Custom Resources Defined via resourcedef File”, on page 242.
- Configure the scheduler to use the script by adding the resource and the path to the script in the server_dyn_res line of PBS_HOME/sched_priv/sched_config: Linux: server_dyn_res: “floatlicense !/usr/local/bin/serverdyn.pl”
- Add the new dynamic resource to the resources: line in PBS_HOME/sched_priv/sched_config:
resources: “ncpus, mem, arch, […], floatlicense”
- Restart the scheduler. See section 5.13.3, “Restart Steps for Custom Resources Defined via resourcedef File”, on page 242.
To request this resource, the job’s resource request would include: