-k oed option works at /home but not in another filesystem like /groups

Hello everyone,

I would like understand better how to configure the mom, so as to allow a different filesystem the direct destination write with the option -k oed.

The problem I am having is that my /home directory is one filesystem and the option -k oed works but in a different filesystem (disk) we have at this location /groups every job I send stays on hold forever, essentially because the mom cannot direct write to the destination.

Is there any security issue related to the direct destination write ? I would like to convince the IT team in our HPC facility to allow direct write to /groups as well.

Thanks for your thoughts !

Could your problem be similar to what is reported here?

not really, I am the owner of the directory I am submitting from which is /groups/cgsd/alex , i think this posts relates to someone trying to send job from a directory he is not the owner.

Is /groups/cgsd common or mounted across all the compute nodes and respective folders within this paths are accesible by respective users?
If yes , is * $usecp :/groups/cgsd / /groups/cgsd/ mentioned in the $PBS_HOME/mom_priv/config ? file

/groups is mounted across all compute nodes. I will need to check with out IT support about $PBS_HOME/mom_priv/config since I don’t have permission to read this file.