"Direct write is requested for job:$job_id but the destination: $final_destination_directory is not usecp-able from $mom_hostname" (DEBUG3)"

Hi,

I am submitting jobs with direct write and getting this warning : “Direct write is requested for job:$job_id but the destination: $final_destination_directory is not usecp-able from $mom_hostname” (DEBUG3)" . This happens for some nodes , not all. I would like to understand more about this issue in order to report to my admin. I believe as a user I cannot modify this behavior in some node correct ?

Please share your job script with obfuscation
Please search and check the $usecp attribute in the PBS Professional administrator guide

I too am running into the same issue. The folder where I am submitting the job from is shared via nfs to the execution host. Any suggestions on how to debug furthur? I am submitting via the command:

qsub -k oed myjob.sh

It works fine as long as I submit the job directly from the execution host. But I would like it to work if I submit from another node which is running a web server.

Think I figured it out. On each host I added this to the Mom config file:

$usecp *:/home/users/ /home/users/

Then restarted the pbs service on each node.

Seems to be working now! Guess I am surprised why I need to do this. Shouldn’t PBS know if the job is being submitted from a shared filesystem?