PP-745 Single node jobs don't quote JSON formatted strings

While implementing PP-388, resource accumulation was introduced for multinode jobs. Wherein string type resources were merged if it is a valid json string and were reported in qstat -f and accounting logs within single quotes.

Ex. if momA returned ‘{ “a”:1, “b”:2 }’, momB returned ‘{ “c”:1 }’, and momC returned ‘{“d”:4}’ for resources_used.foo_str, then we get:

resources_used.foo_str='{"a": 1, "b": 2, "c":1,"d": 4}'

But in case of single node jobs, since there is no such accumulation required, json string resources were not reported within single quotes.

Ex. if mom returned { “a”:1, “b”:2 } for resources_used.foo_str, then we get:
resources_used.foo_str={“a”: 1, “b”: 2, “c”:1,“d”: 4}

Hence PP-745 was created to make the above behaviour of single node job consistent with mutinodes job i.e to report json string within single quotes.

Please review EDD Interface 2

Regards
Dililp

Hi Dilip,

I have one question w.r.t non-JSON string. As per the example I get an impression that the accounting logs will have double quotes enclosing the value. Is it so? OR the double quotes are part of the value and so we have the double quotes in the accounting logs.

Rest of the changes look good to me.

Thanks,
Prakash

Hi Dilip ,

One correction is needed in example given in interface 2,
believe it should be
resources_used.foo_str=’{“a”: 1, “b”: 2}'
instead of
resources_used.foo_str={“a”: 1, “b”: 2, “c”:1,“d”: 4}

Regards,
Lovely

Hi Prakash & Lovely,
[quote=“prakashcv13, post:2, topic:541”]
As per the example I get an impression that the accounting logs will have double quotes enclosing the value. Is it so? OR the double quotes are part of the value and so we have the double quotes in the accounting logs.
[/quote]

Ans. It is part of the string.

Ans. Done

Dilip,

The EDD looks good to me.

Thanks,
Prakash

The EDD looks good to me as well! Thanks for looking into this issue.