Recurring reservation in the future

We are having a training workshop over the course of 3 days and I want to set a recurring reservation. I executed the following command which ran successfully:

pbs_rsub -N SDL_Workshop -R 202210040800 -E 202210042000 -G SDL_Workshop -r "FREQ=DAILY;COUNT=3" -l select=450

What is not clear to me is if it is actually going to recur or if it is just one day. If I do a pbs_rstat -f I see the following (trimmed) output:

allcock@polaris-login-02:~/pbs/hooks> pbs_rstat -f S330213
Resv ID: S330213.polaris-pbs-01.hsn.cm.polaris.alcf.anl.gov
Reserve_Name = SDL_Workshop
Reserve_Owner = allcock@polaris-login-02.hsn.cm.polaris.alcf.anl.gov
reserve_state = RESV_CONFIRMED
reserve_substate = 2
reserve_start = Tue Oct 04 08:00:00 2022
reserve_end = Tue Oct 04 20:00:00 2022
reserve_duration = 43200
queue = S330213

<snip>

reserve_rrule = FREQ=DAILY;COUNT=3
reserve_index = 1
reserve_count = 3

The reserve_end is on the first day and the duration is only 12 hours, but there are those three lines about the recurrence. It just isn’t 100% clear to me that I got what I wanted. If someone has ever done this and could confirm that I will get what I want which is three reservations of 12 hours each over three consecutive days that would be very helpful.

BTW, none of the examples in the documentation include a date. That might be a nice addition.

Thanks,

Bill

Hey,
You did the right thing. The -R and -E specify the first start and end date. The recurrence rule describes how it repeats.

Everything above the snip is talking about the first occurrence. Most of the information in pbs_rstat will only show the current/upcoming occurrence. The server does know about the future occurrences, but it won’t show you them until they are the “current” occurrence.

Bhroam

Bhroam,

Thanks for confirming that. I suspected (hoped) that was the case, but wanted to be sure. I will send a suggested update to the manual so it is clear there as well.

Regards,

Bill

Hi Bill,

If you send me an example you like, I’ll include it in the docs.

Cheers,
-Anne