Unable to use host-level static resource

Hi,
I’ve crated a custom resource called freemem with the “nh” flags for it to be a host-level (node-level) consumable static resource, it’s of size type.

I’ve added the custom resource name to the resources entry in sched_config and restarted the scheduler using the SIGHUP singaled (I’ve even tried restarting the service a couple of times) but when I submit a job requesting for the resource it ignores my request, e.g.
qsub -l freemem=16gb
this command would always work and it will not decrement the freemem resource in the execution host.

We are using v 20.0.1, any ideas?

Thanks,
Roy

could you please check this section “5.14.4.1.i Example of Configuring Dynamic Host-level Resource” in this document https://www.altair.com/pdfs/pbsworks/PBSAdminGuide2021.1.pdf

Hope this helps.

@adarsh , that’s exactly what I did.
I suspect that it might be a known issue with v20.0.1 because I did the same exactsteps in v19.3.1 and it worked on the first try.

Can you please check if the issue is fixed in master or in future versions?

“this command would always work and it will not decrement the freemem resource in the execution host.”

It’s not supposed to. It’s supposed to increment resources_assigned, not decrement resources_available.

I’ve used this in 2020.0.1 without any trouble. And on master too (fairly recently).