Future development of OpenPBS?

Hi,

I would like to ask what are the plans for OpenPBS in the future. I noticed that development has not been very active recently and PRs are reviewed only rarely. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind waiting for a review.

I suppose Altair removed some resources from this project before. I would like to know what is the state of the project now.

Over the years, we have learned that it is crucial to keep up with the upstream version of (any) resource manager, such that our own contributions that reflect our needs appear in the upstream. So, our interest is to keep OpenPBS alive and that’s why we are asking :slight_smile:

All the best,
Vaclav

Hello Vaclav, thank you for the question and contributions! We are still committed to OpenPBS and the community. We changed our processes a while ago in the way we maintain OpenPBS alongside PBS Professional, but still maintain both products. Let me look into your PRs that took a long time to review and find out why that is. We try to review them quickly, so I’ll find out what has gone wrong and I’ll find someone to look at them. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

1 Like

Thank you for your reassurance. I want to say that we appreciate OpenPBS as an open-source project and I am glad the maintainers are committed to it. Do not worry about the PRs speed. That was not my point. It was rather the fact we intend to use OpenPBS in the future and its maintenance is important for us.